- Catalog-based vs. Role-based app deployment.
- Web apps vs. Hybrid and Native apps for accessing native mobile device functionality.
- Application-level vs. Database-level synchronization of cloud and mobile data.
mFinity EMMP is the only Oracle-based enterprise mobility platform that provides role-based app deployment, with a multifunction app container that facilitates the development of single-source code, cross-platform web apps that have full access to native device functionality. In addition, the mFinity app container provides single sign-on for users, simplified database mapping, and database-level synchronization of the cloud and mobile databases. This unique combination of features allows mFinity EMMP to provide significant productivity advantages for developers, administrators, and end users.
- Developer Productivity
- 35-70% productivity improvement for app development and maintenance through single source code web-apps that have full access to native device functionality on Android and iOS mobile devices.
- 80% or more increase in productivity when a new version of a mobile operating system is released, and even more if multiple mobile apps are affected.
- Through tight integration with Oracle Database Mobile Server on both the host and mobile devices, the developer’s time for mapping between the host and mobile Oracle databases is reduced to minutes, from hours or days.
- By performing Database-Level synchronization of host and mobile data, mFinity EMMP simplifies app coding, which improves productivity and ensures the highest available integrity for mobile enterprise data.
- Administrator Productivity
- 50-90% improvement in the productivity when there are two or more mobile applications affected by the release of a mobile operating system update.
- 20-70% increase in productivity for the initial implementation of enterprise mobility, when there are three or more mobile apps per employee.
- 30-80% increase in productivity for adding a new mobile employee when there are two or more mobile apps per employee.
- 50-90% increase in productivity for a mobile employee changing roles within the organization when there are two or more mobile apps per employee.
- User Productivity
- Employees are not required to download individual apps from an enterprise catalog and always have access to the latest versions of apps and data.
- The mFinity app container provides single sign-on (SSO) to all the apps available to the employee, reducing the number of passwords to remember and reducing calls to the help desk.
If an enterprise is seeking to implement a BYOD, CYOD (Choose Your Own Device), or COPE (Company Owned, Personally Enabled) policy for mobile employees, and will be providing an average of two or more applications per mobile employee, or the enterprise needs to connect mobile users to an Oracle database or applications and requires offline access to enterprise mobile data, or needs to access native device functionality on multiple types of devices, then mFinity EMMP can provide significant productivity benefits.
The following whitepaper provides supporting details for the productivity advantages of mFinity EMMP.
Productivity Comparison of Enterprise Mobility Management Architectures
Productivity of developers and administrators is compared for the mFinity Enterprise Mobility Management Platform and other mobility architectures, by Walter W. Sloan, Vice President of Business Development for mFrontiers LLC.
The following whitepaper describes the advantages for mobile data security and integrity provided by the tight integration of mFinity EMMP with Oracle Database Mobile Server.
Data Integrity in Mobility
A discussion of the differences between database-level and application-level synchronization between host and mobile databases, by Michael Brey, Director, Embedded Database Technologies for Oracle, and Kyoungin Park, Chief Technology Officer for mFrontiers LLC.